WINTER STORM WARNING: TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2017: NO OVERNIGHT STREET PARKING
REMINDER: NO OVERNIGHT STREET PARKING RULE IN EFFECT
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
..Major Winter Storm Late Tonight into Tuesday Evening...
Northern Fairfield-Northern New Haven-Eastern Passaic-
Western Bergen-Western Essex-Western Union-Rockland-
418 AM EDT Mon Mar 13 2017
...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO MIDNIGHT
EDT TUESDAY NIGHT...
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Blizzard
Warning, which is in effect from midnight tonight to midnight EDT
* Locations...Portions of northeastern New Jersey, Northern
Westchester, Northern Fairfield, and Northern New Haven
* Hazard Types...Heavy Snow and Blizzard Conditions.
* Snow Accumulations...18 to 24 inches.
* Snowfall Rates...2 to 4 inches per hour early Tuesday morning
into Tuesday afternoon.
* Timing...Late Tonight through Tuesday evening.
* Impacts...Dangerous travel due to whiteout conditions at times.
Several roads may become impassable. Power outages possible.
* Winds...Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph on
* Temperatures...In the mid 20s.
* Visibilities...One quarter mile or less at times.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions...making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel...have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded...stay with your vehicle.