- Our History
- Our Government
- Town Departments
- Recreation Department
- Notices & Documents
Due to ongoing challenges associated with COVID-19 the Town of Stony Point is unfortunately announcing the cancellation of our summer camp programs for the 2020 season. The decision to cancel the camp programs was not an easy one and has been made based on a number of factors especially our concern for the safety of our children and staff. Additionally, it has been determined after consultations with the State, county and other relevant parties that:
• The Town is unable to ensure appropriate health screening, proper social distancing, or safe transportation for our campers.
• Our camp facilities and staffing levels will not enable us to comply with State regulations and other public health requirements.
• We do not have adequate indoor facilities nor will we have sufficient bus transportation available to transport campers to a safe location in the event of inclement weather.
• Current State regulations require a 50% reduction of the in-person workforce at our pool facilities.
• The Town currently lacks the personnel and budget to effectively clean bathrooms, equipment and other facilities in accordance with State regulations.
While we know that our summer camp programs are so important to our residents, it is for these reasons that we cannot safely offer our camp programs this summer. The Town will continue to work tirelessly to come back strong from this pandemic, working together with our residents, emergency service workers, businesses, and volunteers.